FoSMPS Class Reps
What are class reps?
The FoSMPS comittee are supported by a network of class reps assigned to each year group.
Class reps are voted in at our annual AGM in October and are part of FoSMPS, there are usually 2 per year group.
The Role of a class rep is to:
- Manage a WhatsApp group for their year group
- Post communications from FoSMPS committee
- Encourage year group parents/carers to participate in attending events and filling volunteering slots at events
- Recruit year group volunteers to run a stall at the Christmas and Summer Fairs.
- Attend a quarterly meeting/social with the FoSMPS committee to share experiences.
- Organize the end of term teachers gift
They often also:
- Remind their year group of key school communications for example school events which have been communicated via Headlines newsletter/google classrooom/tapestry/ school emails .
- Organise class/year group meet ups/drinks
- Attend feedback engagement sessions with the school
It is a great way to meet other parents and an invaluable way for us to build a school community and communicate and engage with parents/carers.